The PISA Integrity Assessment Centre Criminal Record and Background Verification
The first line of due diligence in any job seeker screening is the implementation of background checks. The PISA Pre-Employment Centre offers a variety of background checks that can be easily implemented to give you the information that you need in selecting the right people for the right position. Failing to implement a proper background check for an employee who applied to a risk sensitive position can leave a company vulnerable for being held liable if the person becomes involved in criminal or unethical activities. A background check is the least expensive means of protecting yourself and your clients.
The PISA Pre-Employment Screening Centre can provide background checks at your premises or our own. The process is cost effective, takes little time and is very easy to implement.
- Criminal Check
- Identity Number Verification
- Fraud Listing
- Driver's License Verification and Endorsements
- Public Drivers Permit (PDP)
- Qualification Checks - Matric
- Qualification Checks - Tertiary (National)
- International Qualifications
- African Qualification
- Experian Credit Check
- ITC Credit Check
- Company Credit Check
- Reference Checks (Date, Position, Reason resignation)
- Reference Checks (detailed - 5 - 8 competencies)
- Directorship Register
- Passport Match
- Permanent Residence Permit
- Work Permit Verification
- Asylum Documentation
Why Are Background Checks Important?
The background check is often one of the first steps taken by employers to help ensure a sound hiring decision and protect the employer from a number of potential risks. In the South African climate the competition for jobs is tough, and sometimes people resort to lying on their Curriculum Vitae or application forms in order to secure the position. Unfortunately, there was a time when employers could only take the word of the applicant themselves. Today however the information provided by the applicants can be easily verified with a few simple steps. Here are a few compelling reasons for implementing basic background checks:
- Create a safe workplace for you, your staff and your company by screening for potential risks.
- By vetting an applicants qualifications you know that you get what you pay for.
- Hiring the best qualified candidates will help your company to prosper.
- Encourage honesty in the workplace and application process by informing employees that they will be vetted.
- Save time and money by identifying verified candidates easily and effectively.
- Minimize exposure from employee liability by practicing “due diligence” in the hiring process.
- Empower yourself with knowledge so that you can make the best decisions for your company.
Your applicants' history will go a long way in predicting their future behavior and a thorough employee background check helps you make an informed choice. Having a background screening program in place will encourage applicants to be more forthcoming about their behavior history. This can also play an important role in creating a culture of integrity in your place of work.
How Can We Help You?
Do not hesitate to contact the PISA Integrity Assessment Centre and let our years of experience work for you. Whether you would like to make a booking, ask for a consultation or would like more information on how our multitude of products and service can benefit your business, we are ready and eager to assist in any way we can.
Download the PISA Integrity Assessment Centre A4 advert: Download
Download the PISA Integrity Assessment Centre small advert: Download
Download the PISA Integrity Assessment Centre Tri-Fold Flyer: Download
For more information specifically related to polygraph examinations, please visit The Polygraph Institute of South Africa.
For more information specifically related to pre-employment screenings, please visit the Pre-Employment Screening Centre.
For more information specifically related to our psychometric assessments, please visit the PISA Psychometric Assessment Centre.